Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Editorial Ethics and Respecting Respect - Part II

Here is the update on the story for those who are interested. I never heard a reply to my email from the editor and so invoiced him this morning for a consulting fee at my usual hourly rate for editorial work. In the end, I felt an hour fee was the most fair. He doesn't have a lot of money in his budget, and I am more concerned about protecting my colleagues than using this as a money making event.

Thanks again for all the feedback and support. I don't want other writers to change how they interact with editors...unless this story gives them support if they they've been wronged. As writers, our ideas and time our our prime assets.

I will keep you all updated as this story continues to unfold.
blog comments powered by Disqus